BERKELEY COUNTY PARADE APPLICATION
- Organizers seeking issuance of a parade permit shall file an application with the Sheriff on forms provided by such deputy.
- An application for a parade must be filed with the Sheriff no less than three (3) days nor more than thirty (30) days before the date on which it is proposed to conduct the parade.
- The conduct of the parade will not substantially interrupt the safe and orderly movement of other traffic, pedestrian, and vehicular, contiguous to its route.
- The conduct of the parade will not require the diversion of so great a number of deputy sheriff and the areas contiguous thereto as to prevent normal police protection to the county.
- The concentration of persons, animals, and vehicles at assembly points of the parade will not unduly interfere with proper fire and police protection of areas contiguous to such assembly areas.
- The conduct of such parade will not interfere with the movement of firefighting equipment enroute to a fire.
- The conduct of the parade is not reasonably likely to cause injury to persons or property.
- The parade is scheduled to move from its point of origin to its point of termination expeditiously, without unreasonable delays.
- If the parade is to be solely on the sidewalk areas of the county, the parade shall be in single file only of persons participating, with no animals, vehicles, or other nonhuman objects except reasonably sized signs individually carries in the line of procession. All participants are always to keep moving. No stopping or standing on a public sidewalk which would cause the free movement of pedestrians traffic delay.
- A statement as to whether the parade will occupy all or only a portion of the width of the streets proposed to be traversed.
- The location by streets of any assembly areas for such parade.
- The Interval of space to be maintained between units of such parade.
By downloading the application form you acknowledge that you have read and understood the County Ordinance.