It is the policy of the agency to accept all complaints of alleged employee misconduct; to conduct a fair and impartial investigation of the complaint; to determine whether the complaint is valid or invalid; and, where indicated, take appropriate action.
- Participation in Criminal Actions on or off duty
- Excessive Force
- Unlawful arrest, search or seizure
- Harassment – Improper police action based on discrimination
- Demeanor – Offensive or abusive language, actions which have the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Serious Policy Violation – Insubordination, false statements, improper activities on or off duty, etc.
- Minor Policy Violations – Tardiness, uniform or vehicle appearance, etc.
- Miscellaneous – All other
Citizen Complaint form
Download the Yearly Summary Report for Internal Affairs Statistical Summary for the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office